Firstly, let’s get one thing straight. The blog you’ve known up until now might have been detailed and well considered, but that was before the kids arrived. Who has time to blog anymore?! Here is a bullet point post:
* Alice & Tom were released from Intensive Care yesterday and we got them in our own room
* Last night, our first night with them, was a challenge as we learnt as much as we could about caring for them. We’re a lot more organised tonight!
* We are awaiting their birth certificate and a DNA test before we can submit our application for Australian Citizenship
* We are here with many other incredible people, all with their own wonderful surrogate story
* Two of the other couples are Australian. Last week Australia had three sets of twins born in Mumbai! It’s wonderful having them here with us navigating through everything
* The nurses in the hospital are fantastic – tonight I learnt how to properly wrap a child, although Alice is breaking free so I probably need to go
More soon (maybe, I can’t promise anything at this rate …)